We understand that the technology supporting Zoom sessions can introduce unexpected challenges. If you are experiencing Zoom-related difficulties during Faculty Development Day, we suggest reading the following tips and applying those that seem to fit your needs.
Please note that the TLC Zoom accounts are not John Jay College accounts and therefore not supported by DoIT. The TLC will have limited response resources during the day: if you email our main address firstname.lastname@example.org, we will do our best to respond and ask for your patience as we are juggling multiple demands during the day.
TLC Zoom access tips
- Use an incognito browser/window
- Clear your cache and cookies
- Be sure to use your John Jay email address
- Check your John Jay email address for accuracy
- Try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- Check your internet connection/wifi signal
- Use your smartphone connection instead of wifi
- Turn off your device, count to 20, and turn it back on, then try connecting
*If you are in another country, let the TLC know at least a day or two before so that they can reset the country/regional data access
Frozen screen tips:
- Turn off your video
- Check your wifi or signal connection
- Leave the session and return (be sure to have the access link ready)
- Stay in the session, and dial in by phone
Thank you! Have a great FDD!